In this article, we are going to discuss some major tips and strategies to score 75+ marks in IBPS PO Preliminary examination. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will announce the IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 Notification soon and the preliminary exam for the post of Probationary Officer would be conducted on 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st of October in 2018 in various shifts.
This is considered one of the most competitive exams of the country because of the huge level participation from all parts of India. Since the competition is so high, students are required to carefully strategies their preparation in order to crack the exam with flying colors.
How to Achieve 75+ Score in IBPS PO Prelims 2018 Exam?
Read all the important steps for IBPS PO Prelims 2018 here:-
The first and the most important thing to keep in mind is to cover as much course as possible. The more topics you are completed, the more questions you will be able to attempt. Leaving major topics from any section can be proven very dangerous. Now, we are going to give some advice about particular sections of the exam.
Most Important Topics for Quantitative Section
In the given table are given some major topics that have the highest weightage.
- Simplification & Approximation, Tabulation and Graphs & Charts are very important.
- Students should practice as many questions as they can. Usually, toppers score 18-20 marks in this section alone.
- Quantitative is something that is all about practice as it can not be done overnight. Candidates should not be think of leaving for the end.
|Simplification & Approximation||4 to 5|
|Quadratic Equations||4 to 5|
|Tabulation||9 to 10|
|Graphs and Charts||6 to 7|
|Number Series||4 to 5|
Most Important Topics for Reasoning Section
Like quantitative, Reasoning is all about practice as well.
- The speed and accuracy can only be achieved by solving as many questions as a candidate is capable of.
- Spending 2-3 hours each day for this particular section is mandatory.
- Topics like Blood Relations, Alphanumeric Series and Coding & Decoding are the creamy layer of this subject covering most of the questions of the exam.
- According to the past observations, toppers not only attempt 60% of the questions but they do it with 90% of the accuracy.
- With regular and thorough practice, getting 100% marks in this section is not impossible.
|Alphanumeric Series||2 to 3|
|Blood Relations||2 to 3|
|Tabulation||8 to 10|
|Coding and Decoding||2 to 3|
|Linear Arrangement||4 to 5|
|Circular Arrangement||4 to 5|
|Direct Inequalities||2 to 3|
|Distance and Direction Test||2 to 3|
|Floor Based||4 to 5|
Most Important Topics for English Section
- In order to improve your vocabulary, read as many books you lay your hands on.
- Read daily newspapers and magazines to get a grasp on the language.
- Reading Comprehensions and Parajumbles can be very tricky and time consuming.
- Try to solve at least 3-4 questions daily.
|Reading Comprehension||9 to 10|
|Sentence Correction||2 to 3|
|Error Spotting||4 to 5|
|Cloze Test||6 to 7|
|Para Jumbles||2 to 3|
Since there is a negative marking for every wrong answer, students are advised not to guess the answers. Do not make it a matter of pride to attempt all the questions. Switch to the selection technique. Answer only those questions in which you are sure about their correct answers.
Important Books for IBPS PO Prelims Preparation by Experts
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarawal||S. Chand|
|Gramin Bank Officer (PO) Solved Papers 2012-2014 for IBPS RRBs||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan||Kiran Prakashan|
|Test of Reasoning||Edgar Thorpe||Pearson|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin||S. Chand|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Penguin|
Above are important books considered by experts. You can follow the author and published to make sure you are reading right books. Moreover, To be time optimized, learn shortcuts and tricks for quantitative section. It would reduce the time of calculation and you will reach to the answer faster. Prepare almost all the topics from all the subjects as it would give you a wide range to make your selection of questions.