In order to score well in exam, students are required to prepare accordingly. SBI Clerk Preliminary examination is to be conducted on 23rd, 24th, and 30th of June 2018 whereas the mains examination has been scheduled on 5th of August. Here, we are outlining an overview of the proper preparation strategy of every subject that every students are advised to follow in order to crack the exam.
Students are requested to go through the exam pattern to acknowledge the most important topics, total number of questions, Marks and duration in completing the each section of Prelims exam.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2018 Strategy
Before we start, it is important to understand the exam pattern of SBI Clerk.
Name Of Section
|No. of Questions.||Marks||
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|
- This section carries 30 question with a time period of 20 mins.
- The important sections are Reading Comprehension, Parajumbles, Cloze Test and Error Spotting.
- Spend at least 2 hours daily reading comprehensions, reading columns from newspapers like The Hindu and The Economic Times.
- Read as many articles and books as you can to build up a strong vocabulary.
- Since, this section carries 35 questions to be done within 20 mins, optimum practice is mandatory.
- The important sections are Number Series, Simplification, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations and Miscellaneous Questions.
- For fast calculation, students are advised to memorize tables upto 20 and square roots and cube roots upto 25.
- Invest minimum 1 hour of your day with consistency as it is practice intensive area.
- With proper and consistent practice, every aspirant can ace this section.
- This section consists of 35 questions to be solved within 20 mins of time period.
- The important topics are Alphanumeric series, seating arrangement, puzzles, syllogism, coding and decoding etc.
- Solve at least 10-15 questions daily with timer set.
- Though, the level of the questions is easy, students are recommended to practice daily.
Best Books for SBI Clerk Exam
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- By R.S Aggarwal.
- Objective General English 2nd Edition- S.P Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- Test of Reasoning- Edgar Thorpe