IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 Notification is coming out soon! The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is expected to release the Recruitment Notification 2018 for the post of Probationary Officer in the month of August on its official website. This year, there are approximately 5000 vacancies for Probationary Officer job position. The Online application form is expected to be start in mid of August 2018 while the links for registration will be ended in September 2018. The IBPS PO 2018 Preliminary exam dates are scheduled as 13th, 14th, 20th, and 21st October 2018. In this article, we will take a look on all the relevant aspects of IBPS PO 2018 Recruitment such as Important Dates, how to apply online, Application Fee, Selection Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern etc.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 Important Dates
|IBPS PO 2018 Recruitment Notification||In the mid of August 2018|
|Commencement of IBPS PO 2018 Application Forms||In the mid of August 2018|
|Closing Date of IBPS PO 2018 Application Forms||September 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Prelims Admit Card Release Date||September 2018|
|IBPS PO 2018 Preliminary Exam Date||13th, 14th, 20th, and 21st October 2018|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||18th November, 2018|
IBPS PO 2018 Vacancies
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has not announced the number of vacancies of this year for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). However, we are providing the vacancy chart of previous year for better future reference.
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
How to Apply for IBPS PO Recruitment 2018?
- Go to the official website ibps.in
- Click on ‘IBPS PO’ and choose ‘Apply Online’.
- Fill all the necessary information.
- Upload your recent photograph as per the prescribed instructions.
- All candidates are required to register themselves by ‘Click here for new registration’
- The Registration Number and password will be generated and mailed to your registered email ID.
- Pay the prescribed fee and click on ‘submit’.
- Students are advised to download a copy of the filled application form for future purposes.
1. Education Qualification: A candidate must have minimum 60% in their graduation from any subject/ or any equivalent education of Graduation from any recognized university of India.
2. Nationality: A candidate must be any of these.
- a Citizen of India
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Any Tibetan Refugee who came to India with the aim of lifelong settling in India before 1st January 1962 .
3. Age Limit: A candidate must be at least 20 years old but must not exceed 30 years of age.
- Age Relaxation:
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|2||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|4||Commissioned Officers involving Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) and Ex-Servicemen who have served at least 5 years in military||5 years|
|5||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|6||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of J&K during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
IBPS PO Selection Process and Exam Pattern
All the interested candidates are required to go through the selection procedure which consists three phases. These phases are:-
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
For anyone who wants to excel an exam, getting familiar with the examination pattern is a necessity. IBPS has separate pattern for each exams, prelims and mains. We are giving a detailed discussion of both the exams for students to understand it thoroughly.
In IBPS PO 2018, Preliminary Examination has three main subjects, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English Language.
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||Total Time of 60 mins|
IBPS PO Mains exam has four subjects, General Economy/ Banking Awareness, Data Analysis & Interpretation, English Language and Reasoning & Computer Aptitude. In the table given below, we have discussed these subjects with their respective Number of questions, weightage of marks and time duration.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|1||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
Though, the official admit card date has not been announced yet, IBPS PO Admit Card would be released before 15-20 days before the date of examination. Students will be required to download from the official website.
Similarly, the result date has not been declared either. From previous years’ pattern, we can safely assume that the result would be out within 10-15 days after the examination date.